Saturday, January 5, 2008

Letter #1 - Beware of Dangerous Reptiles

Dearest Baythor-

I don't want to unduly alarm you, but...

Seen recently on a beach near Oakland, CA
Photo: A saltwater crocodile on a beach
Forewarned is forearmed. Don't underestimate the speed and tenacity of these swarthy creatures, Baythor.

They can even jump waaaaay out of the water as you can see from the next photo!

And don't let the small arms fool you! This beast isn't a kickboxer, it leads with it's snout.


A looooong toothsome snout -- just look at the size of the teeth on this terror.

Salt Water Crocodile (76298 bytes)

Now you see why all those macho guys like to strut around in crocodile cowboy boots.....


It's like a coded message to other dudes... Make way, tough guy comin'

Works in reverse when ladies wear them...



I think it's too high a price to pay for fashion, but what do I know? I thought: maybe I'm just being overprotective. So, just to be on the safe side, I "looked it up". Whew! Took my breath away...

USDA Government Warning R-79
These boots should NEVER, EVER, be worn in crocodile country because it really pisses off the temperamental reptiles. Misuse of boots can cause loss of limbs or worse.

Remember, Baythor, a crock never forgets...

The one below is laughing hard after making a quick meal of some Urban Cowboy who made the fatal error of strutting around in Crockies TM near the edge of a municipal lake in Oakland, California....
Salt Water Crocodile

I know you think they're sooooo cute when they hatch, Baythor, and I agree - as your grandma used to say, they're "cute as a button". But then a few months go by and the family cat Mr. Binky goes missing along with Muggles, the neighbor's little dog...

They were last seen playing together near the water.....
Need I say more???

Love,

Dad